Director of HR - Retail
- Role Title:
Director of HR - Retail
- Job Advert Description
We are looking for a Director of HR to support our retail team here at Clarks! The Director of HR, Retail is a strategic business partner for the Waltham corporate based retail team and the Clarks retail field organization. This role acts as the liaison for HR specialist teams to ensure that HR frameworks are embedded in the retail strategy; compensation programs, performance management process, succession planning and the creation and development of store policies and procedures.The Director leads a team of three HR Generalists to effectively provide business partnering support to the field organization.We are looking for someone with strong strategic business partnering experience as well as experience managing and developing a team.
- Accountable for working with retail senior management to support their functional strategy development and manage the people implications; assisting in the creating and executing a People Plan to drive the achievement of functional objectives, incorporating Region People Strategy and promoting desired values and behaviors.
- Responsible for developing HR end to end processing mapping, in collaboration with relevant HR Specialist Leads: Identifying efficiencies and driving a holistic approach to service delivery were applicable. Evaluate and feedback to relevant Specialist teams where processes are not working effectively and gain their input to improve. With function directors, facilitate business process improvements and where necessary drive a change management strategy and approach to deliver best practice.
- Manage the delivery of transactional HR support for all aspects of the employment lifecycle for US and Puerto Rico employees. Ensure the completion of all daily tasks and contact with employees to ensure tasks are completed accurately and efficiently.
- Develop policies and programs both in conjunction with retail initiatives and with specific locality needs in mind. Ensure all policies are in accordance with the company values and administered correctly by management staff and are in compliance with all applicable Federal, State, and Local laws.
- Develop and maintain consistent HR processes and delivery mechanisms, identifying where differences need apply and engage key stakeholders and effectively maintaining organizations standards.
- Aggregate and review information from the market (e.g. performance management, talent data, manpower plan) providing information to regional retail function heads to ensure results are represented in strategic manpower planning. Aggregate and review information and provide to SVP of HR to ensure results are represented in regional and global strategy.
- Meet agreed performance targets and ways of working and identify and act on areas for personal development and capability improvement.
- Direct, manage and develop high performing HR retail teams – setting objectives, appraising performance and coaching the team. Sets responsibilities and goals for the teams.
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR, Business Administration or related area preferred
- SPHR certification preferred
- 8 + years of experience in human resources, including experience in HR leadership roles and supervisory/management experience.
- Thorough knowledge of all Federal, State and Local employment law is required
- Clear understanding of regional business strategy and direction
- Current and forthcoming legislation impacting employees and employment
- HR processes i.e. Manpower planning, performance management, succession planning, etc.
- HR policies, procedures and guidelines, job design and organizational structures
- Implementation of a major HR change initiative within a matrix organization
- Management of restructures, realignments within a complex organization
- Business case development
- Coaching retail at senior management level
- Stakeholder Management, high level problem solving and coaching skills