- Role Title:
- Job Advert Description
The Supply Planner is responsible for satisfying the demand requirements of the regions whilst optimising available capacity. They will also manage purchasing of inventory to achieve targets for Group stock levels and availability/OTIF throughout distributions points in the Supply Chain.
- Responsible for the seasonal set up of vendor plans aligned with agreed leadtimes and planning methods and the creation and maintenance of all associated master data
- Analyse vendor plans for risk & opportunities related to the Regional Supply Plans and escalate as appropriate
- Maintain correct planning parameters and all associated master data ensuring timely updates in order to produce correctly aligned plans
- Analyse demand and supply patterns and respond to any outside the norm or those that push production in excess of agreed capacities or below acceptable limits based upon the factory relationship.
- Determine from sourcing and logistics the relevant constraints on production capacity, lead-times, and minimum/maximum quantities
- Negotiate with sourcing planning team to adjust supply constraints, for the active planning period in agreement with the Supply Planning team leads.
- Facilitate communication with IM, Sourcing Planning and Logistics teams to maximise Customer Service in the event supply risk to ensure full transparency across the value chain.
- Negotiate with product development to adjust first ex-factory dates and with the range & Regional Relationship manager to manage demand to develop a feasible supply chain plan that balances the business needs.
- Engage with improvement initiatives to drive agility into the planning processes aligned to the needs of the Supply Chain Improvement Programme.
- Contribute as required to improve business processes, systems and people skills
- Good numerical literacy & reasoning
- Analytical Skills
- Good knowledge of Global Supply Planning concepts & principles within a Global Organisation
- Knowledge of product development process & production environment
- Cross-functional knowledge within Supply chain (Operations, Customer understanding, Planning)
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Good working knowledge of SAP
- Experience working with APO preferred
- (5 +) years’ experience or, another equivalent combination of education and experience
- Supply chain planning or similar experience covering a significant part of the manufacturing/retail/wholesale supply chain
- Experience of planning, logistics or customer service roles