Senior Merchandise Planner
- Role Title:
Senior Merchandise Planner
- Job Advert Description
The Senior Merchandise Planner will be accountable to drive profitable sales & margin for their department. They will also be responsible for management of sales & inventory activities by maintaining open-to-buy plans, assortment plans, monitoring sales & inventory, and providing stock productivity analysis. They will create and analyze forecasts across the channels and provide robust reporting to all levels of the organization.
- Work cross functionally with other departments within the organization in order to optimize buy plan, sku optimization, as well as time phased category plans. Work closely with Merchant/Product teams.
- Maintaining OTB flow for current buying season and an extended 18 month strategic open to buy plan for future product seasons.
- Manage in-season inventory activities, forecasting to a roll forward projection, and making adjustments based on the agreed top down plan. Support the markdown and closeout process.
- Create and update inventory productivity analysis including stock aging, pareto, velocity, flow optimization, and seasonal mix.
- Prepare for monthly open-to-buy review meetings with the Merchans.
- Planning/Allocation groups. Review current position against the top-down plan; identify risks and opportunities for optimization.
- Provide analysis on an as needed basis including assortment analysis by distribution grade/cluster; productivity and profitability by category; markdown cadence optimization; stockouts and service levels, etc.
- Responsible for working with Merchant team to create buy targets by channel. Breaking the future plans to lower classification levels in order to improve forecast accuracy. Timephasing category plans in order to improve cash flow and deliver products just in time to maximize sales.
- Responsible for developing and providing standard weekly and monthly reports and evaluating performance versus agreed upon KPIs.
- Experience retail merchandise planning, buying, demand and supply planning, footwear a plus
- Knowledge of different business operating models – Retail, Franchise, Outlet, Ecommerce, Wholesale
- Finance – Retail Merchandise Planning – Budgets, Forecasts, Sales, Margin, Margin %
- Supply Chain – Merchandise metrics and Supply Chain logistics
- Successful Retail Planning and Merchandising, Buying, Demand and Supply Planning experience.
- Experience in key distribution channels – wholesale, retail, and digital
- Comprehensive understanding of overall business operations
- Ability to analyze trends and use that information to effectively plan and forecast
- Strong analytical and verbal skills
- Decision making skills
- Organizational skills to coordinate feedback from a variety of sources
- Practical understanding of financial, range, space and demand planning processes
- Practical understanding of trading and marketing planning processes
- Strong computer skills including the following tools:
- Data warehouse/data mart query and report development tools
- Advance Microsoft Excel
- Planning Software (MID, Arthur, NSB/STS/MMS, I2, Retek, Evant, etc.)