Operatives within our state-of-the-art logistics center are cross-trained to perform in multiple areas of the operation. As an Operative, the main functions of this role includes picking, packing, value added services, loading/unloading trailers, paletizing, shipping, returns processing, and some machine operation. There are aspects of the role that include quality inspection, labeling, stocking, material handling, and other basic warehouse operations.The ultimate objective of this role is to get the correct product to the right customer on time and in excellent condition. All positions require physical movement of product which may include lifting (up to 40 lbs), standing, walking/transporting, bending, stretching,and overhead reaching.
- Intake of stock, unloading containers either directly onto the boom conveyor, skids, or offloaded to other areas. Take ownership for identification and rework of non-conformance of cartons ensuring all inbound cartons are compatible with material handling equipment specifications.
- Picking orders following Standard Work Instructions.
- Packing orders following Standard Work Instructions. Ensure accuracy of customer orders by completion of audit process, and resolve inaccuracies identified.
- Value Added Service (VAS) – Ensuring customers specific packing requirements are undertaken in line with agreed standards.
- Shrink/stretch wrapping, carton packing and labelling. Including visual inspection of the accuracy of the final dispatch pack, and correction and escalation of errors to Area Manager or Lead.
- Consolidating and / or sorting orders, ensuring compliance with customer’s specific packing specifications.
- Dispatching of goods via loading of containers or other third party carriers. Undertake final quality inspection of goods ready for dispatch.
- Returned goods processing. Including undertaking Inventory cycle count to maintain accuracy of stock records.
- Operation of material handling equipment to OSHA and company acceptable 6S and Heath and Safety standards.
- Continuous Improvement – Active engagement in idea generation, root cause analysis, simple problem solving and involvement as a team member in Kaizen events driving waste reduction and sustainable continuous improvement.
- To complete any relevant documentation accurately and to a high standard within agreed timelines associated with above tasks.
- To carry out any other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma, (or GED) required
- Basic knowledge of logistics/distribution operations and systems preferred
- Basic knowledge of computers (windows evironment, touch screen, keyboard)
- 3+ years experience in a logistics/distribution environment
- Experience with radio frequency units and general warehouse equipment preferred
- General numeracy skills (basic math)
- Read, write, speak, comprehend English language
- Ability to multi-task with accuracy
- Attention to detail
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Every 60 seconds, 105 pairs of Clarks shoes are sold globally. That makes us a £1.6 billion business and a truly worldwide brand. We now have some 15,000 employees across 75 different countries – everywhere from Europe to the Americas. Despite being the world’s biggest everyday footwear brand (by sales volume), we’re still owned by the Clarks family and based in Street, Somerset, UK– where the Clarks business began. Street is the nerve center of our business, driving growth and the whole Clarks success story. And right now, we’re busy writing the next chapter. With a constant search for new and better ways to work, innovation’s set to play a big part in our future.