- Role Title:
- Job Advert Description
Clarks is looking for a Payroll Manager to ensure accurate processing and recording of company’s payroll, provide timely and accurate financial information and participate in daily transactions for Payroll processing for 4000 employees. They will also oversee processing of Weekly payroll for United States, Puerto Rico, as well as local Group function employees and oversee the processing of bi-weekly payroll for Canada amd regional monthly payrolls for exempt employees. The Payroll Manager will also provide research, support and customer service for all aspects of the business and act as a point of escalation for the Payroll Team.
- Responsible for the accurate processes of Clarks Americas employees in Payroll/HR system which includes over 40 states in the United States, Puerto Rico, and Canada.
- Act as back up for imports time worked and PTO into eTime and Payroll/HR system for pay.
- Communicates hours and commission issues to Retail field as they occur in time and attendance system and escalate to Retail Operations as necessary.
- Ensures vacation is paid out accurately and timely in accordance with law and policy.
- Back up to team to run weekly reports out of Payroll/HR system, time and attendance system, and financial system.
- Imports files for vacation, annual reviews, Rapid Pay, etc. for efficient load of large data.
- Provides communication to whole Americas employee base of 4000 employees regarding payroll inquiries and issues.
- Coordinates and processes special payments and off-cycle checks.
- Trains, supports, and provides customer service for time and attendance, payroll, Self Service, Manager Self Service, and any system affecting pay.
- Monthly/quarterly reporting to governmental agencies as required by law.
- Establish proper jurisdictional tax set up for all employees.
- Oversee and establish accurate garnishment set up for employees.
- Calculates specific final pay for terminations according to jurisdictional, state, and federal law and minimum wage.
- Work as a point of contact to note trending issues and raise them up to appropriate HR Business Partners
- Work closely with all HR Business Partners
- Responsible for accurate quarter closings and year end closing in coordination with any necessary tax amendments
- 5 years minimum of payroll management experience in a multi-state environment is required
- Advanced knowledge of payroll process and ADP
- Payroll industry standards knowledge
- Compliance knowledge in legislature and regulations surrounding payroll wage and hour law
- Experience managing and leading a team
- Multi-state tax knowledge
- MS Excel and Word proficiency
- Prior payroll system experience required – ADP
- ADP report writing experience
- Highly detailed, organized and ability to multi-task in a fast paced collaborative environment
- Solid phone and written communication skills; excellent customer service skills
Every 60 seconds, 105 pairs of Clarks shoes are sold globally. That makes us a £1.6 billion business and a truly worldwide brand. We now have some 15,000 employees across 75 different countries – everywhere from Europe to the Americas. Despite being the world’s biggest everyday footwear brand (by sales volume), we’re still owned by the Clarks family and based in Street, Somerset, UK– where the Clarks business began. Street is the nerve center of our business, driving growth and the whole Clarks success story. And right now, we’re busy writing the next chapter. With a constant search for new and better ways to work, innovation’s set to play a big part in our future.